Adventure at the Indiana State Fair
The following is a potential itinerary for our ag-loving Fairgoers.
1. Begin your day at the Indiana State Fair in Pioneer Village and explore the history of farming and agriculture in Indiana. Don’t miss the Vintage Farm Machinery in Action show each day at 10 AM, 2 PM, and 4 PM. (Some days vary; see the daily listings for details)
2. Take some time to visit the Glass Barn, where you can learn about the future of farming. Don’t miss your opportunity to LiveChat with a farmer every day at 11 AM, 2 PM, and 4 PM.
3. Stop by the 4-H Exhibit Hall to view several 4-H projects- from photography, to crafts and construction clothing, you’ll see why we are so proud of our Hoosier 4-Hers.
4. Hungry? Make your way to the Purdue Extension Ag/Hort Building to satisfy all your local eating needs. Stop by this building to get your food fix and experience exhibits including: The Edible Journey, the Honeybee Exhibit, the American Dairy Association’s Cheese Sculpture, and 4-H Agriculture and Horticulture competitions.
5. Spend some time in the Visit Indiana Harvest Pavilion and take an interactive look at Indiana agriculture. Here you can see the Amazing Maize exhibit, the Indiana State Fair LEGO® farm, and winning entries from the Year of the Farmer creative arts and essay contest.
6. Follow a path through the Livestock Barns to see all the animals. There will be pigs, sheep, goats, horses, cows and rabbits. While in the Swine Barn, don’t forget to stop and see the World’s Largest Boar and Champion Sow & Litter.
7. Make your way to the Subaru Main Street Stage and enjoy some local talent. Here you can view free entertainment, sit down for a break, and take in the exciting atmosphere that makes up the Indiana State Fair.
8. Grab your favorite Fair treat and make your way through the Exposition Hall where you are sure to find unique Indiana gifts and merchandise to take home.
9. If you’re visiting us any day other than Tuesday or Saturday, the 6:30 p.m. evening parade is the perfect capstone to your family’s day at the Indiana State Fair. Enjoy the parade in our new Plaza outside the Indiana Farmers Coliseum.